InGraved Artist Call
Artists of all media are invited participate in InGraved, a coolspace exhibit, by creating work inspired by 100 years of history, haunts, and hallowed architecture of Forest Park Cemetery. Participating artists are eligible to win cash prizes from $250 - $1,000!! Artists will have a private tour of Forest Park Cemetery with historian John Prime and will have access to 100+ acre cemetery grounds for a day of inspiration and creation. Lunch provided.
• Artists must be registered on the NWLA Directory at nwlaartists.org
• Work submitted must be created between 8/13/17 and 9/30/17
• Performance work must be 10 minutes or shorter
• Literary work must be submitted in a format that can be displayed on a wall.
• Visual work must be smaller than 6’ x 6’ x 6’; larger works may be accepted at artspace’s discretion
• Plein Aire Inspiration day at Forest Park Cemetery - Sunday, August 13, 2017, 9:00am-3:00pm
o John Prime will give a tour of Forest Park East Cemetery. John will cover the architectural aspects of the cemetery, notable artists buried there, the plane crash at the lake that took the lives of many of the political and other leaders of Shreveport significantly changing the future of Shreveport, etc.
You are not required to participate on this date; however, to participate, you must use Forest Park Cemetery as your inspiration for a new work.
• Submit the work to ARTSPACE: September 13 - September 30, 2017
Work due no later than 4:00 pm, Saturday, September 30, 2017
• Opening Night and Presentation of Prizes: Friday, October 13
• Exhibition Dates: Saturday, October 14 - Saturday, November 4
About Forest Park Cemetery: http://www.forestparkcemetery.com/
I am planning on producing a...
Please pick one
Visual Art piece
Performing Art piece
Literary Art piece
I am a...
NWLA Artist Directory Artist (free to join)
Collectible Artist (Juried In)
NWLA Roster Artist (Juried In)
I understand that if I do not get a copy of this form in my email, I need to call 673-6500 and the verify time slot as it may not have been received.
Yes, I understand that if I do not get a copy of this form in my email, I need to call and the verify time slot as it may not have been received.
Do Not Fill This Out